Please make sure to check out my staff writer post at Beating Broke, What Our Chinese Guides Taught Us About Pragmatic Consumerism.
I came up with an idea for a new series TALK IT OUT: Money and Relationships. This series will be all about money, relationships and our lives.
Money can bless a relationship or curse it. Am I wrong? Let’s put it this way: money does affect relationships. Anyone disagrees? Is she a compulsive spender? Is he a frugal saver but she is a gold digger? I am sure you have plenty to say, so let’s talk it out!
If you like discussing money and relationships, if you have something to say or to ask, if you have a personal story to share, a personal experience to talk about, if you want to be heard and if you want to see what others have to say then email me.
How It Works:
1. You tell me your story through email. If you decide to stay anonymous, let me know. If you don’t care, so be it.
2. I will read what you have to say, and let you know when your story, experience or a question will be heard, shared and answered.
3. If you want to ask Aloysa a question about Beaker, our relationship with each other and our not so simple relationship with money, please do so! We promise to respond.
4. Twice a month my readers and I will discuss, brainstorm and share our own experiences with you. Payroll Tax Holiday: Why Most People Will Get A Raise In 2011 @
What You Get Out Of It:
1. You vent, you confess, you rant, you rave, you share, you cry, you laugh. You spill it all.
2. Your opinions will be respected. Your questions will be answered. Your experiences will be appreciated.
3. If you decide NOT to stay anonymous, I will gladly promote your blog.
You get to know my readers and me, Aloysa!
Do you like the idea? Then PLEASE SUBMIT WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SUBMIT BY SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5. THE FIRST TALK IT OUT DISCUSSION WILL TAKE PLACE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7.
Moving on to Aloysa’s Reading Picks (as usual in no particular order):
Who wants a free iPad? I do! Win An iPad, Amazon Gift Cards, And A Starbucks Gift Card!! @Buy Like Buffet;
What do you think about plastic bottles? Check out Sustainability Tip #21 Steel vs Plastic @Sustainable Personal Finance;
Did you think the guy in my “gym affair” article was creepy? How about this creepy guy in How I Overcame The Worst Ever Health Club Membership@TransFormX;
Men vs Women in offices, what are your thoughts? Find out reading I’m Not That Kind Of Girl, But I Should Be@Yes, I Am Cheap;
I usually don’t read book reviews that much but this one caught my eye. Book Review: Your Money or Your Life@Retire By 40;
Do you prefer a hustle and bustle of the city life or tranquility of suburbs? Young Professionals in the City: Will the Allure of the City Break the Bank?@Brokeprofessionals
Ever wondered what it is like to work at a hotel? Heard horror stories and wondered if they are true? Find out readingFaulty Towers vs Reality @I Am The Working Poor;
What are your financial milestones? 20 Financial Milestones for your 20s @Budgeting In The Fun Stuff;
Someone just got a place together! Huge step! Our First Home Together @Invest It Wisely;
I discovered something new while reading The Beardstown Ladies @Money Cone;
Express your opinion about gender equality after reading Gender Equality and Opportunities for Girls Today @Squirrelers;
What if one of you would have to stay home and raise children? When Two Incomes Become One @MomVesting;
Did you think you got an unexpected pay raise when you saw you paycheck in January? Payroll Tax Holiday: Why Most People Will Get A Raise In 2011 @Faithful With A Few;
Saving for the first home but life gets in a way? What are your priorities? First time Home Buyer – Saving for a down payment @Wealth Informatics.